Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Shoe Shopping


Annie has been fated with the poor genes of both her mater and pater and is cursed with Big Feet. Since her feet are wide with a narrow heel, I've got to be careful about getting shoes with a good fit. We go to Stride Rite. She's been complaining that her toes hurt and she's been taking her shoes off every chance she gets. These are universal signs that she's outgrowing her shoes. So, we went to get summer sandals. I'm so glad it's sandal time--it keeps me from having to find matching socks. Vive la sandals!

Annie is fortunate that we were able to find two pairs fo sandals for her. A church pair and a play pair. We rarely get to go in and pick just any pair we like. It has to be available in a wide width, and have a heel that can grip her very narrow heel. I'm glad we found two pairs since she'll be playing outside a lot this summer.

Annie decided to wear the pink pair out of the store. Although she did try to run out of the store without paying in the white pair. Annie was initially afraid of the sales lady, but was delighted to try on shoes.
Yes, that is my daughter who enjoys shopping for shoes. Yes that is my daughter who puts on mommy's heels and walks around the house. My girl loves her shoes. Thank you Jesus for daughters who love shoes.

No comments: