Friday, May 11, 2007

Date Night Baby

So Husband has been traveling quite a bit. When he's home, we've been super-busy. Not only the usual "Grab that baby and strap a clean diaper on!" but also, birthday parties, first communions, team meetings, volunteering at CLC, Husband's regular Warcraft date with the boys and other general just places we're supposed to be. All of the scheduling and travel has combined into over a month-long period where we haven't just had an opportunity to relax.

Last night was supposed to be Warcraft with the boys. I had Husband nix it in favor of Date Night. He willingly agreed and headed off to work. I had errands and of course, Date Night to plan! Well, errands ran longer than expected, so Husband got home before me, but I did arrive with dinner, so Date Night was started.

We had Indian food for dinner. Husband loves rogan josh and naan so that's what I got for him, and I tried the chicken curry. Husband told me how much he loves Indian food and what a great choice it was. After we ate, then it was time for the entertainment portion of our date. I had stoped by the Game Parlour, a place that sells board games, and picked up Carcassone
for us to play. I had wanted to get a few other games, but didn't want to make purchases without Husband's input. So insteads of settling in to play Carcassone, we headed back to the game store. We picked out a second game to try, then headed home to put the girls to bed.

Annie settled with little fuss, and Elizabeth needed to nurse. Elizabeth took long enough to settle down that Mommy (me) fell asleep with her. Husband came to check on me and ask if I wanted to get up and play a game. I don't think I had a coherent response and fell back to sleep. Date night was officially over at 9pm. Husband, without a date, wandered down to the computer and met up with the boys to play Warcraft.

The next morning, as Husband was getting the leftover Indian food to take to lunch he commented, "That was the best night ever. Good food, we got to hang out, and I still got in a game of Warcraft! We should do this more often."

I suggested that next time he plan the Date Night to suit my interests. He countered, "I should also build in a 9 o'clock bed time for anything I plan, shouldn't I?"

That would be best, yes.