Sunday, May 20, 2007

Anniversary Fun

Today the family went to a softball game and BBQ to celebrate the 5th anniversary of some good friends of ours. The softball game was a rematch of the game the couple played as part of their wedding festivities. The softball series is now tied 1-1. Originally the wife's team had a capable win, this year the husband's team won. While a good time was had by all, I'm not sure that the teams weren't stacked a little. Come on Pat, is it really fair to make sure your one-time-semi-pro-baseball buddy came to play on your team? And to put the always late Schaads -minus Tim who showed up on time- on your wife's team? Really? Although there may have been a decided imbalance to the teams rosters, I have to say everyone played well. The bbq afterward was delicious and a great time was had by all! Congratulations Pat and Kate. I'm glad to know such a happy, loving couple.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Wait wait wait. In my defense, Kate specifically ASKED for Matthew. "I get Matthew" I believe were the words she used. And then later when we were looking at teams she traded me a certain un-named player for Mark! So I can't be blamed for the Schaad-debacle. ;)

Billy was most definitely a ringer, and was most definitely going to be ON MY TEAM. He's my friend, dammit. ;)