Saturday, May 19, 2007

ELMO



Annie has an ongoing love affair with Elmo.

Gramma gave Annie an Elmocize DVD, which Annie watches religiously. While Annie asks for the video every day, every day she screams for me to turn off the exercising caterpillar that is in on of the segments. She's watched it so much, that she actually does the "workout in a chair" and gets excited by the dancing at the end. I am finally a little tired of it. I decided to introduce a second Elmo DVD into the mix. Since Annie had expressed an interest in potty training, I got Elmo's Potty Time DVD. We watched it a few times, but Annie was so excited about it, she broke the DVD. It's a shame, because Grover and Elmo sing an excellent song about "Accidents Happen and That's Ok" which Annie was starting to sing in the car prior to her breaking the DVD.

We were back to just Elmocize.

I tried turning Sesame Street on during the day so that she could get her Elmo fix and I could get a little variety. We have to watch Sesame Street when it broadcasts, so if we watch it, we end up watching it early in the morning, when she's too interested in other things, rather than the late afternoon, when she would enjoy the stillness. Annie enjoys Telly and Cookie Monster, but is disappointed that Elmo doesn't have enough exclusive face time in an average episode.

I immed my sister, to see if she would be willing to TIVO some episodes of Sesame Street for me. With a disk of episodes, I could put it on when it was a good time for us to watch a little TV, and I could use the menu options to head straight for the Elmo's World segment if Annie found the rest of the program boring.

My sister did me one better. She got her neice a brand new Elmo DVD. The Best of Elmo.

No comments: