Saturday, May 12, 2007

Declutter Challenge

I belong to a parenting forum, and there's a challenge going on to declutter various spaces in the house. It's just getting started, so I voted for the master bedroom. I think it needs the most work in my house because:
--laundry manages to get clean, but never put away. I need a better system
--it's where we relax, and clutter isn't relaxing
--it needs some decoration too, so if anybody has any ideas, I'm more than glad to hear them.
Here's the clutter...
First off, we have the Husband's dresser, with several loads of laundry in front to be put away. All of this sits in front of the one reach-in closet we have. Not a lot of space to put away all the clothes that need to be stored. Husband's dresser also needs to be cleared off and dusted.

Next up is our bed. I actually took this picture after I started some initial cleaning, so there are clothes and shoes piled up on the bed. Usually it's just unmade with the kids in it.


Finally, a picture of my dresser. My dresser is a catch all of trash, things the kids shouldn't have, things we don't want to lose and then last but not least my earrings and other personal stuff. This space either need to not have any personal things on it or not end up being a catch all for everything. It doesn't do double-duty well. In the foreground of this picture, you see a big white thingy, with a dishtowel on top? That's our bassinet, filled with clothes to be put away. Once I sort, purge, and put away the clothes, I think I'll try to Craig's List the bassinet.
I will post decluttered pics soon so you can see how the challenge went!

No comments: