Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sister's Wedding

Over the Memorial Day holiday, my sister got married. Here's a photo of the bride, her matron of honor (me), and the baby that's about to eat the bouquet. I loved the flowers.

I wasn't so in love with my dress, or rather, I really liked my dress, I didn't like that the lady who did the alterations did such a poor job that the top of the dress is still gi-normous 'cause she admitted it would take more time to do another nip and tuck to the dress.

Unfortunately, I only picked up the dress a day before the wedding, and did not have an opportunity to stand over her and her sewing machine to make it right. But isn't the green silk gorgeous in the picture? The wrap was a last minute addition to cover the immodest top of the dress and make it wearable for the wedding.

The wedding itself was very nice. Beyond the beautiful people milling around for pictures (see above) and the cake was G-R-E-A-T! A wedding is made when the cake is good. The cake was moist and the icing held in place but wasn't rock hard. Yummy. Even the baby had a piece.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Update!

-The Bride