Thursday, October 26, 2006

What to Wear to a Wedding (Not Mine)

Husband has the honor of being the Best Man in a wedding in November. I'm thrilled for the couple, yadda, yadda, but I'll be 38 weeks along when we attend this wedding. A pregnancy lasts for 40 weeks, and doesn't exceed 42 weeks. By 38 weeks, a woman is considered full term and ready to have the baby at any time. If a woman is not lucky enough to have the baby at 38 weeks, she waddles instead of walks, pees often, and shifts uncomfortably in her seat, and other things my brain has blessedly erased from my memory. Nothing is comfortable, everything is wrong.

With that in mind, if I'm not in the hospital having the baby, I'm there for that wedding. I'd really like to go in pjs, or the closest maternity-version of pjs that are out there, but since this looks like a pretty fancy wedding as weddings go, and my date is the Best Man, I'll have to spiff it up a little.

Annie's Grandma came with us out to the Leesburg Outlets not to long ago. We shopped for a dress.

I tried this dress on in the store. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but it's very thin, so the popped belly button showed right through all the pretty red wrapping paper.




I ended up with something similar to this dress. I actually like this dress a little better, because it covers the shoulders (and the bra straps underneath).




My actual dress (I'll try to take the time to take a photo of it and upload it to the post) is a deep purple, not black, with a similar embroidery, embellishment along the top. The actual top of the dress is straps. My guess is that it was a summer, not fall, selection.

So I've got a dress to wear, but I need a cardigan or wrap or something to ward off the November chill and to feel appropriately covered, whilst making the rounds feeling like a beached whale.

My sister sent me the following links for cardigans.

Target 1

Target 2
Old Navy
Motherhood Maternity

What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Motherhood and maternity!

Polska said...

Kate immed to vote for the Old Navy cardigan.