Thursday, October 19, 2006

Project Runway Finale




I'll admit it, I'm a Project Runway fan. Saw some episodes during the first and second seasons, but with the third season, I made a point of following it all the way through. Last night was the finale to determine which of the four (not three!) designers would be the ultimate winner. Very excited to watch because each designer was likable with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Even Husband watched a few episodes this season, and had his opinions on the designs. He may not out-and-out like the shows I like, but he is very tolerant and will sit and watch with me. He notes that there are two categories of reality shows. The first is the Survivor sort of show, where everyone is back-stabbing and double-crossing. The second are the types where they do a make-over, redesign a room, you win a prize and these shows may have some drama, but they are ultimately designed to help and promote the people that are featured on it. The positive reality shows he doesn't mind watching with me.

Last night Husband was out, and it was Annie and I alone for the night. I thought Annie would settle early and I'd have the evening free to do my thing and watch the finale. Annie had a horrible night. She took forever to settle and I completely missed the finale. I was ok with that, until I went to the bravotv website to pull an interesting pic for the post and found it plastered with congratulations to the winner. Bravo usually replays the same show over and over, so I'll probably catch it within the next day or two. Sigh.

Update: Sure enough, Bravo was running the episodes from season 3 today. Did I get to catch the finale? No. Why? Husband scheduled a raquet ball game this afternoon and neglected to take his equipment with him. When he called to ask me to bring his stuff out to him at work, I don't think it would have gone over well if I told him it didn't jiive with my plan to watch tv today.

Further Update: It was on this evening! I was glued to the tv (and not making dinner) when Husband came home from work and the raquet ball game. He was able to catch the collections come down the Runway, and we watched the end of the finale together. Everyone had a lot of talent, I'm not suprised at the outcome. Laura is a one trick pony, Michael Knight still has skills he can develop (that will take him far in the fashion world) but both Uli and Jeffrey had good looking collections. While I do agree taht Jeffrey had the best collection, in terms of the variety and cohesive look of the collection, I don't think telling Uli that she had a lot of marketability and success in women's design was enough to make up for not winning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have no fear, sister with Tivo is here! I will pop a copy of it in the mail tomorrow.

P.S. Interesting color redesign.

Polska said...

Thought I'd try something more feminine, but I'm not sure I'm thrilled with the color scheme. Too in your face pink. I dunno...