Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Husband is Brilliant

We have a television. We keep it downstairs in the basement. Our basement is the family room, and computer area, and the laundry area. We switched things around to make it more family friendly, and that meant the cable was no longer hooked up to the TV. Husband said he could get it working, but he'd need to find the right length of cable.

For about three months, the only thing I've seen on the television are Elmo DVDs and Barbie's The Princess and the Pauper. No news, no soap operas. No "Dancing with the Stars." I forgot about programs geared toward adults. I forgot that Bravo will run all the episodes of a season of" Blowout" in a single day. I didn't miss it. The television was for the benefit of the children.
Husband hooked up the cable last night. I didn't realize how isolated from the world I'd become. A news program was on.

"Ooh, look. There's a hurricane?"
"Yeah, it's about to hit the coast of Nicaragua."
"Have there been a lot of hurricanes this year?"

No comments: