Friday, June 01, 2007

XM Satellite Radio

The Husband recently purchased a new car. A Honda Civic SL I think, perhaps it's a different line, but it's definitely a honda civic. While I knew he was going to buy a car, I did not go with him to purchase it because we have two small children and negotiating the purchase of a car with two small children would not have gone well.

Once the husband came home with his new car, he proudly showed it off. A feature included is a GPS tracking system and an offer for free XM Satellite radio for three months. This is a pretty snazzy car for something that just needs to survive the daily commute.

I drove the car yesterday because the Husband took my Honda CRV to go on vacation. The Husband installed the girls' car seats in the back and showed me how the panel worked. The girls and I have been listening to satellite radio stations while we tool around on our various errands.

The satellite radio has a lot of stations that cater to specific audiences--sports channels, music by genre and decade, kids music, talk radio--leaning toward your political philosophy, history etc. It also lists the musician and song playing. I found the display of the musician and song title to be wonderful! I hear so many good songs on the radio, but can never remember who sang what. It has been especially useful listening to the kids stations. There are several kids musicians that I want to learn more about, like Dan Zanes and Laurie Berkner to name a couple.

The Husband has returned home from his trip and is eager to switch the cars back. I'm going to miss that satellite radio.

No comments: