Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cheap Media

I was at Target the other day. In case you didn't know, Target can kind of be a bad mommy fix in the mommy world. You go in for one thing, then spend some time browsing, shopping, looking around and keeping the kids entertained while you entertain yourself shopping. There is a whole thread devoted to this topic on the parenting forum I belong to. Anyway, I was in Target. They had DVDs for $5.00. Makes me really glad that I've neglected keeping up with home media...I was able to get Sense and Sensibility and About a Boy each for $5. Tim was like "I'm happy if you're happy--but you know everything is moving to HD and Bluray right?" Whatever. $5 for great movies is a great deal. When both the girls are down in the afternoon for a nap--I pop in Sense&Sensibility and fold laundry. *Sigh* :)

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Tell Tim that Sense and Sensibility would be a waste for HD/Blue Ray. No explosions, no FX, no high speed chases. All it does is give you the same boring - but in HIGH DEF! ;)

(no offense to all you S&S lovers out there)

Nod said...

P&P and S&S are the reason my wife now drinks red wine. *sheesh*

Nod said...

Speaking of cheap media, Joshua gives a raspberry in this movielette.