Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Root Canal Woes

Oh yeah, the continuing saga of my styrofoam teeth!

Had to retreat the tooth, wait 2 weeks and go to the dentist.

Went to the dentist. He did an Xray to make sure the treated tooth looked fine and could be crowned. The teeth right next to it also needed work. One needed a filling, the other also needed a crown. If this was a retail store, I'd be thrilled, go in for one crown, come out with two!

He took several molds of my teeth to make sure the temporary crowns (we're talking in plurals now) would fit. He applied the temporary crowns. He took several more molds of my teeth to make sure the permanent crowns would fit. None of this hurt, it just took time.

Then he puts in the new filling. The drill is the worst. The absolute worst. My root canal didn't bother me but the quick little filling did. I cannot abide the drill.

I must stay, my dentist is very good about being as gentle and as thorough as possible. He spent a lot of time to make sure the bite was good for the temp. crowns and filling.

The two crowns and fillings hit the cap on my dental insurance for the year. Everything else is out of pocket.


Stay tuned, there is more to tell...

No comments: