Saturday, March 25, 2006

My Mad Skillz

Humility can be defined as "being modest about one's accomplishments. " So why be humble and modest about our accomplishments?

If we were aware of just how good we are at something, then we know we really aren't that good. The last thing in the world we want to do is brag about how good we aren't at doing something. Humility is in fact self-preservation, to keep us from looking like jerks. A big part of humility and humbleness is being able to see ourselves accurately.

So with a humble heart, I will share with you just how good I am at at installing car seats for babies.

Something I actually said on AIM:
polskapolska: it wouldn't have been checked by a safety official, but i can usually install a latch car seat pretty well after a round of good cursing and finger smashing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that this isn't what you were getting at, but I think people are more aware of their failings than his or her strong points. At the very least, I think people dwell and reflect on the short commings more.

Polska said...

Most normal people would be aware of their shortcomings, but have you seen American Idol? Don't tell me that there aren't a lot of people out there who couldn't reign it in.