Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Have a little think

Courtesy of Tim:


situation is our insisting on Annie going to bed in her own bed -- full scale temper tantrum. Then, abruptly:
Annie: Dad, I have a little idea
Me: oh yeah?
Annie: Maybe I should stop yelling
[puts her pointer finger in the air, up near her face]
and have a little think.
Think, think, think.
Like Pooh.
He's a little bear.
Maybe I should build my bed a little bigger, and then it won't be so small!
And I should stop yelling.
Dad, I stopped yelling.
Will you read me a story?
Me: Ok.

And I thought, I must be the best dad ever.

4 comments:

Nod said...

I LOVE this story; so awesome!!

Unknown said...

Timothy dear, you are the best daddy; however, you know that was a gift of grace from The FATHER.

Unknown said...

Okay I don't have the hang of this. That previous comment was meant to be "tongue & cheek." Once I published it, it did not look that way.

Sorry!

Polska said...

Don't worry Dawn, I think the humor came through :)