Thursday, October 26, 2006

More Cleaning

...makes the house look so nice, and makes me so much less stresed out. Tra la la la la.

Yesterday Grandma kindly took Annie so that I had a day in the house to get housework done. Now, this cleaning philosophy might not jiive with the FlyLady (see below for a post on her) but I often waffle back and forth on what should be the first priority in cleaning. Should I maintain or tackle the mess? Should I go into a room that's been recently cleaned and pick up the clutter, do a quick dust, make sure everything looks nice then go tackle a room that's been neglected for awhile OR tackle a room that's been neglected for a while, get it looking nice, and turn around to see the recently cleaned room in shambles again?

The FlyLady would try to tell me that consistent maintenance in each room wins the gold star, but my energy doesn't extend that far. Yesterday I decided to maintain first, then tackle projects second. It took most of the day to run some laundry, tidy up a few bathrooms, get the kitchen back into shape etc--basically to maintain areas that were in good shape just a few short days ago. In the interest of full disclosure, there were also several rest breaks in there as the pregnant lady doesn't seem to work for more than 2 hours at a time without needing a break.

Today, I'd like to try to tackle a few areas that have been neglected for a bit longer, specifically the bedrooms. Clothes are everywhere. Annie's off season clothes and the clothes she's grown out of need to be stored. The drawers also need to be organized so the dresser works for not one, but two babies. I have a lot of stuff I'm growing out of and growing into; plus Husband started a new job so his work wardrobe has shifted some. All of these issues need to be resolved and the clothes need a home. We don't have the most closet space, unfortunately, or I doubt this would be as much of an issue.

So, finding a home for lost clothes is the plan for today, combined with Annie helpfully grabbing at the neatly folded stacks of clothes and whipping them around her head. She does it with such glee though, so it's hard to get upset. Hard to get much done, but also hard to get upset.

No comments: